Tips to prepare your car:
1) Antifreeze – check coolant level and concentration
2) Battery – get it checked. A new battery costs as little as £20
3) Fuel – keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of unexpected delay.
4) Lights – check they all work
5) Tyres – check condition/pressures and consider winter tyres for improved safety
6) Windscreen – keep clean
7) Screen wash – use a 50% mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce the chance of freezing in frosty weather.
8) Locks and door seals – stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of polish or Vaseline on rubber door seals. A squirt of water dispersant (WD-40) in locks will help stop them freezing.
If you are under 25, getting motor insurance to be anything other than eye-wateringly high can be a challenge. Here are some tips that we've found can help reduce your premium.....
1) Shop Around
Don't just stick with one price comparison site. Take your time and get as many quotes as you can. Also try and look at companies that are not on comparison sites such as Direct Line
2) Choose a responsible car
Most drivers would like a fast car loaded with all the extras but if you are a young driver, that may be a bad move in terms of insurance. Cars with smaller engines with lower range specifications usually carry a lower insurance group and will reduce your insurance premium.
3) Go for a newer car
It's logical to think that an older and cheaper car = lower insurance. WRONG! In our experience, the newer the car, the lower the insurance.
4) Try a Multicar Policy
If you live with parents or a partner that also drive, try a multicar policy as they can often decrease the overall outlay by consolidating into a single policy.
5) Add a "Mature" Named Driver
Try adding either a parent or someone that has been driving a long time, preferably with a clean licence. You'll be amazed how much this can help!
As a trusted car dealer in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, we are continually asked the same questions. It seems that most motorists are after the same information such as "how can insurance premiums be reduced?", "Should I buy a petrol or diesel car?", "Can I obtain finance even with a poor credit file?".
So, we decided to create a blog where we can publish this information and hopefully help our valued customers. Above is a link to our main website - please feel free to browse the site for current stock etc.
All feedback is much appreciated!!!